Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Lookit Me!

Check it out! I'm official!


Hurray!

I was very much in need of some good news.

Today we had parent/teacher conferences. I talked to a lot of parents, and really enjoyed the evening, but it started at 4:00 and finished at 7:00. After a full day of teaching, and the events of the previous day, I am exhausted. It's about 9 p.m. now, and I am too wired to go to bed.

The parents' association provided food, so I at least ate well. And I brought home enough leftovers to cover lunch the next couple of days.

Yeah. I'm still talking food. That's how you know I'm OK.

Keep praying for us. Now I know that it will be 3 weeks before we get the results of the amniocentesis. I'm OK with that. I am settling back into peace. Horyon suggested that maybe this is God calling us as a family back to more regular prayer. And I am definitely praying more. Perhaps not the constant prayer that Paul tells us we are called to, but anytime I stop to think about it, I also pray.

Today I emailed my principal, assistant principal, and my two closest coworkers to let them know the situation. They've all been awesome about it, once again reminding me that I am very blessed to be where I am. I asked them to not bring it up with me today, and they all honored my request, being supportive in more indirect ways.

My job is hard, but I already love it. I can't wait to be really good at it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Whatever happens, it will be OK. God loves you and so does your family. We will be there to help you when you need it, pray for you always, and kick you in the butt when appropriate.

Right now I'm praying and loving.

Aunt Becky

A Brief Introduction

Roblog is my writing lab. It is my goal to not let seven days pass without a new post. I welcome your criticism, as I cannot improve on my own.

Here is a link to my cung post, which remains the only word which I have ever invented, and which has not, as far as I know, caught on. Yet.