Total Pageviews

Monday, July 10, 2006

Typhoon

You may have heard that we experienced a typhoon here in South Korea. Standard for this time of year. The worst is past us as I write this. No more rain, but enough wind to rock us to sleep here in the 19th floor. We weathered this one with no broken windows, umbrellas or bones, though I got pretty wet walking from my office to my classroom and back this morning. Not as bad as some of my students, though.

The class is going well, and deserves more than a sentence or two. For now, suffice it to say that I am enjoying it, the students are enthusiastic, and the attendance dropped from 45 a week ago to 20 on Friday to 12 today. Maybe that's why I like it so much.

I'm also doing some internet-based resourcing for it. I will include a link later, so you can see what I'm teaching these poor kids.

Peace,

Rob

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Glad to hear you survived. I was lucky. I came to school before it began and left after it ended. So lucky in the timing of the typhoon, not that I had to be at school for so long.

A Brief Introduction

Roblog is my writing lab. It is my goal to not let seven days pass without a new post. I welcome your criticism, as I cannot improve on my own.

Here is a link to my cung post, which remains the only word which I have ever invented, and which has not, as far as I know, caught on. Yet.