Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Recent Riding

I've been pretty good.  As it becomes regular, it feels like there is less to report.  My right leg is about 95% recovered, but I am still taking it fairly easy on it.  Haven't taken the mountain road home yet.

Monday Horyon told me not to ride, and I decided not to fight it.  I had been (and am still) fighting a cough, and she thought riding would make me worse.  I felt a bit better Tuesday, so I rode.  Wednesday too.  I think riding actually helps to fight it off, as it makes my lungs work harder and more thoroughly than usually.

Today (Thursday) I couldn't ride because I had to get to the doctor's office then home.  Our doctor doesn't take appointments, but if you go sign in, you can leave and come back in an hour (or less) and not have to wait.    I think this is because Koreans are (in general) not good at appointments.  I know, sounds racist, but it's actually a cultural thing with them.  Drives newly arrived Westerners crazy, and can do a number on those of us who have been here a while as well.

Tomorrow I'm not sure whether or not to ride.  On Fridays I leave school and go to chat with someone almost an hour away by subway.  I have to drag my bike on the subway, right at the beginning of rush hour, then ride home afterwards in the dark on a pretty busy street.  But if I don't do it, my daily exercise is reduced to walking.

We've had a scale now for a couple of weeks, and it looks like I've dropped about a kilogram.  Feeling good about that, though the scale doesn't do decimals, so it's hard to be sure.

And this week I was informed that Dongsung Elementary School will rehire me for the coming year.  I was told this at a 40 minute meeting which was not the most fun meeting I've ever been in.  I won't go into the details, as I would rather not look back at this some day and experience a spike in my blood pressure.  If I leave it vague like this, I will be able to look back on it and laugh.  "Ha ha, me in 2011 so funny!"

It's getting cold to ride, which causes problems for me.  The biggest problem is, of course, shedding excess heat.  Dress warm enough to start, and I am hot 10 minutes in, sweating by the time I get to work.  Dress too skimpy and I don't warm up until I'm almost at work.  Gotta figure out the balance.

No comments:

A Brief Introduction

Roblog is my writing lab. It is my goal to not let seven days pass without a new post. I welcome your criticism, as I cannot improve on my own.

Here is a link to my cung post, which remains the only word which I have ever invented, and which has not, as far as I know, caught on. Yet.