Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 06, 2006

more pics

In my previous post, I pointed out that Maxine gets bed head. Doesn't matter, she still wakes up mostly cheerful. We have one of those clever baby monitors, a one-way radio that lets you listen to everything happening in another room via electromagnetic wave. It's supposed to let you know that she's awake. However, sometimes I will hear funny noises. Not-sleeping-baby noises, but not crying or whining. I'll go into her room, and find her standing there, just hanging out. And sometimes she is happy to see us come in, and smiles that winning smile. Here's a smile from just last month:
As you may have observed, Maxine's got teeth. Three in this picture, with the fourth just under the surface. During this phase, I was watching her (of course), when she fell on the floor, hitting her mouth pretty hard. She started bleeding, I think from tooth number 4 poking her gums, though it may have been something else. Hard to tell by looking, and she still isn't telling any secrets. So she's crying, and blood is coming out of her mouth, mixed with copious amounts of spit. In ten minutes the whole thing is over, with a posing daddy, a laughing baby, and a mommy that can't get over all that blood.

I'm afraid that Horyon will not be the parent to turn to where blood is concerned. She was good with me when I had my bicycle accident a couple of years ago, but she didn't get to see the serious bleeding. I only hope that I can avoid the obvious reference to mothers and daughters and bleeding, but I think I just hit it broadside. Sorry about that. How about a completely different topic?

I just had to take a picture of a guy busting up concrete to lay pipe using a hammer and chisel. Yeah, busting up concrete with a jackhammer isn't much fun, but at least it's over with quickly. I figure this guy had a pretty long day.


Here we see Maxine using those three teeth. This is her first cookie/cracker. Horyon is pretty picky about what Maxine eats, so this is not just any cracker. It's made from organically grown materials, cooked on the day it was ordered, and delivered by famous actor John Lithgow, from Third Rock from the Sun and many other movies and television programs.

OK, I made that last bit up, but that one cracker she's eating (OK, not the one in this picture, but I don't have any pictures of the ones I'm writing about. Sorry.) Those organic crackers cost 50 cents each. For that kind of money, I think that asking for John Lithgow to deliver them is not so extreme.

Have I mentioned that when I cut up a watermelon I fit it into the container like a 3-D jigsaw puzzle? Horyon was trying to describe it to a friend, and we figured it would be better to just take a picture.


And finally, my girl is starting to show her father's colors. Take a look at the next post.

No comments:

A Brief Introduction

Roblog is my writing lab. It is my goal to not let seven days pass without a new post. I welcome your criticism, as I cannot improve on my own.

Here is a link to my cung post, which remains the only word which I have ever invented, and which has not, as far as I know, caught on. Yet.