Total Pageviews

Friday, April 06, 2007

Fasting and Feasting

My dear friend Melanie sent me these words by William Arthur Ward. I am very fortunate to have friends who help me to look beyond the immediate inconveniences in my life for the greater meanings. Quite a few of these phrases hit home for me, as I am not following their suggestions very well these days.

And so I would like to suggest that if you happen to be someone who does pray for Maxine, Horyon and me, first pray that Horyon and I would follow this advice. You can pray about Horyon's visa second.


Fasting and Feasting
by William Arthur Ward

Fast from judging others;

feast on the Christ dwelling in them.

Fast from emphasis on differences;

feast on the unity of life.

Fast from words that pollute;

feast on phrases that purify.

Fast on anger;

feast on patience.

Fast from pessimism;

feast on optimism.

Fast from worry;

feast on divine order.

Fast from complaining;

feast on appreciation.

Fast from unrelenting pressures;

feast on unceasing prayer.

Fast from bitterness;

feast on forgiveness.

Fast from concern for self;

feast on compassion for others.

Fast from discouragement;

feast on hope.

Fast from suspicion;

feast on truth.

Fast from thoughts that weaken;

feast on promises that inspire.

Fast from idle gossip;

feast on purposeful silence.

Fast from problems that overwhelm;

feast on prayer that undergirds.

No comments:

A Brief Introduction

Roblog is my writing lab. It is my goal to not let seven days pass without a new post. I welcome your criticism, as I cannot improve on my own.

Here is a link to my cung post, which remains the only word which I have ever invented, and which has not, as far as I know, caught on. Yet.